The 2019 Indiana Grown Culinary Creations Competition brought another round of delicious recipes featuring local ingredients as the star! We look forward to this event each year during the Indiana State Fair where we see entries ranging from appetizers to entrees to desserts! The participants always make it tough to select just one winner!
Check out each recipe below so you can re-create these delicious dishes!
- Cabbage and Onion Gratin – Marjorie J. Hart
- Chorizo and Goat Cheese Empanadas – Michael Weaver
- Dill Pickle Soup – Rebecca Burgardt
- Ham and Cheese Appetizer Tart – Christine Rienecker
- Hoosier Maple Fruit Topped Cake with Maple Ice Cream – Robin Willis
- Mile High Carmel Apple Pecan Pie – Lorrie Wilson
- PB & G Cheese Ball – Jacqueline Benitez
- Tri Chocolate & Orange Cheesecake – Dave Shuey
Congratulations to our winners:
First Place: Lorrie Wilson (Mile High Caramel Apple Pecan Pie)
Second Place: Michael Weaver (Chorizo and Goat Cheese Empanadas)
Third Place: Christine Rienecker (Ham and Cheese Appetizer Tart)
Honorable Mention: Marjorie J. Hurt (Cabbage and Onion Gratin)
We hope you try one or all of these tasty recipes and get inspired to create your own dish that celebrates Indiana Grown ingredients! Get inspiration from other recipes, our members and their products at www.indianagrown.org!