Rooster’s Canadian Tuxedo Sandwich – House cured Canadian bacon, topped with a farm fresh egg, and whiskey maple aioli
House Cured Canadian Bacon Cure
Part #1 (Cure)
- Pork Loin – 4-5 Lbs
- Insta-Cure #1 – 3 tsp
- Kosher Salt – 1 ¼ cups
- Brown Sugar – 1 ¼ cups
- Honey – ¾ cup
- Water – 1 Gal
Part #2 Crust
- Brown Sugar – 1 cups
- Smoked Paprika – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Granulated Garlic – ½ tsp
- In a large pot, heat your water to a low simmer.
- Add your insta-cure, salt, brown sugar, and honey. Simmer until everything is dissolved.
- Once your solution is dissolved, place the pot in an ice bath and chill thoroughly.
- While your solution is cooling, remove your pork loin from its packaging and place it in a large food safe container, or a 2-gallon Ziploc bag.
- Once your brine is cooled completely, and your pork is in its container, add your solution. Make sure that all of your solution fits into your container with the pork.
* if you are using a container, place a weight on top of your pork to ensure it is submerged completely.
Store your pork in cure for 14 days in the bottom of your refrigerator.
- After the 14 days, remove the pork from the solution. Rinse your pork thoroughly, and discard the spent curing solution.
- Pre-heat your oven or smoker to 250°
- Combine all of the ingredients in the “Finish” Section, and coat your pork loin.
- Roast or smoke for approximately 1 hr or until the internal temperature reaches 160°
- Serve immediately, or chill and freeze for up to 6 months.