INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 7, 2016) The Indiana State Department of Agriculture’s Indiana Grown Initiative continues to expand its reach by partnering with Fantastic Food Fest, an interactive food and beverage event. Taking place Jan. 16-17 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, over 50 Indiana Grown members will be exhibiting at the event, showcasing their products in front of thousands of Hoosier consumers.
“The main purpose of Indiana Grown is to help connect producers with consumers and retailers; therefore, by partnering with Indiana’s largest food events, we have taken a major step toward that goal,” said Ted McKinney, Indiana State Department of Agriculture Director.
Running from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day, Fantastic Food Fest will feature a marketplace full of demonstrations, shopping, cooking classes, workshops and presentations from local chefs and celebrity chefs such as Ted Allen and Hugh Acheson. In addition, consumers will have the opportunity to purchase or sample a variety of products as well as interact with members of Indiana Grown, such as Fort Wayne-based Best Boy & Co.
“I can’t wait for Indy’s first Fantastic Food Fest to begin because I believe it will generate greater awareness of farm-fresh ingredients, food products made with these ingredients and how and where to purchase those food products,” said Wayne Shive, founder of Best Boy & Co. “I am eager for the opportunity to spread the word about Best Boy & Co. including our company mission to donate 100 percent of our profits to charity.”
The following list includes participating Indiana Grown members:
- 12-05 Distillery – Indianapolis
- 240 Sweet – Columbus, Ind.
- Amber Waves – Martinsville, Ind.
- Batch No. 2 – Indianapolis
- BeeFree – Noblesville, Ind.
- Best Boy & Co. – Roanoke, Ind.
- Big Brickhouse Bakery – Fort Wayne
- Brick House Vinaigrettes – Greenwood, Ind.
- Broad Ripple Chip Co. – Indianapolis
- Charlie’s Premium – Greenwood, Ind.
- Chocolate for the Spirit – Carmel, Ind.
- Cook’s Bison Ranch – Wolcottville, Ind.
- Cornerstone Bakery – Indianapolis
- Crazy Charlie’s – Fishers, Ind.
- Custom Quality Meats – Fort Wayne
- Delicious Additions – Binford, Ind.
- Eiseles Honey – Westfield, Ind.
- Foods Alive – Waterloo, Ind.
- Fresco Spice Blends – Fort Wayne
- Frittle – Indianapolis
- Grandma’s Oven – Clayton, Ind.
- Grandpa’s Beef Jerky – Fishers, Ind.
- Green BEAN Delivery – Indianapolis
- Gutwein Popcorn – Francesville, Ind.
- Harvest Café and Tea – Indianapolis
- Heathy Hoosier Oil – Converse, Ind.
- Hoosier Momma – Brownsburg, Ind.
- Hotel Tango Whiskey – Indianapolis
- JavAroma Roasters – Mitchell, Ind.
- Jen’s Country Kitchen BBQ – Lapel, Ind.
- Joe’s Jerky – Kokomo, Ind.
- JohnTom’s BBQ– Muncie, Ind.
- Kim’s Key Lime Cookies – Indianapolis
- Kroger – Indiana
- Mallow Run Winery – Bargersville
- Marsh – Indiana
- Master’s Hand BBQ – Fort Wayne
- Monarch Beverage – Indianapolis
- Needmore Coffee – Chesterton, Ind.
- New Old-Standard Baking Co. – Bloomington, Ind.
- Real Hemp – Indianapolis
- Revival Food Co. – Indianapolis
- Risin’ Creek Creamery – Martinsville, Ind.
- Schnabaltier – Rochester, Ind.
- Skinny & Co. – Indianapolis
- Smoggy Cookies – Indianapolis, Ind.
- This Old Farm – Colfax, Ind.
- Traders Point Creamery – Zionsville, Ind.
- Triton Hydro Farm – Huntington, Ind.
- Urban Ladle – Greenfield, Ind.
- Vom Faas – Noblesville, Ind.
- Winzerwald Winery – Bristow, Ind.
For more information on Fantastic Food Fest events, demonstrations, exhibitors and online ticketing, visit FantasticFoodFest.com. To stay up to date on the latest information about the show, follow Fantastic Food Fest’s social channels on Facebook at Fantastic Food Fest and on Twitter at @FanFoodFest.
# # #