*Featured Holiday Recipe*
Creamy, smooth, and cold – this eggnog is a classic holiday beverage. Make it every year as a new family tradition.
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla extract, to taste
- ground cinnamon and nutmeg, for dusting
- shaved chocolate for the rim of the glass, optional
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a double boiler. Cook, stirring constantly, over the hot water. As soon as mixture coats the back of a metal spoon ,about 10 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- Add vanilla and chill. It is not advised to double the recipe.
- If desired, strain once cool and before refrigeration to get a smoother consistency. Add a dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg before serving. This recipe makes 2 cups of eggnog.