Looking for a new side dish? This cabbage and onion gratin is the perfect addition to your next meal and comes together in a pinch!
- ½ Head cabbage, chopped
- 2 big onions, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- Can of Celery Soup
- Can of Milk
- 1 ½ cups Mexican Style Blend Shredded Cheese
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Combine cabbage, onions, peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes and water in a saucepan.
- Cover and boil until tender. Drain water off vegetables and return to pan.
- Add celery soup and ½ can of milk to vegetable mixture.
- Add shredded cheese to mixture until melted.
- Mix until well covered with sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour into 8 inch baking dish
- Mix panko breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread on top of cabbage mix.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes until brown.
- Serve warm!
Submitted by: Marjorie J. Hurt
Indiana Grown Culinary Creations Contest